If you find yourself unmotivated, you’re definitely not alone there. Most people in the world suffer from some kind of depression or fear of failure that prevents them from achieving their goals. It’s easy to get discouraged in a world full of people who have achieved great things. It’s hard not to compare yourself to a celebrity or a business executive. It’s hard to continue when you can’t see the solution. It’s difficult to continue when it seems like you’re spending hours and hours working on something that won’t pay off for who knows how long.
Motivation is what keeps you going in hard times. However, sometimes we lack motivation. How do you keep motivated in hard times?
- Believe in yourself. No matter how many times you fail, no matter how many times you fall down, no matter how many times you make a mess of things, you can always get back up. Yes, you can always be a better person and make a better life for yourself. The first step is believing in yourself.
- Remind yourself of the difficult situations you have overcome in the past. Times get tough but remind yourself that you’re a tough person. You’ve had to overcome troubles before, and that you will overcome this one. In the past, maybe you were able to get past the hard times with the help of a friend, family member, or even a therapist. But this time around, you might be feeling more alone. Focus on the positive things in your life. Remember that you are more than your problems. You are the master of your own life. You’ve come through other challenges in the past, and you will get through this one too.
- Acknowledging the good things in your life. There are many things in life that can be considered blessings, and while most people may not list “having a job” among them, it is still an important source of structure and routine in their lives. It’s easy to focus on what we don’t have, especially when times get tough. When work is stressing us out, or we’re fighting with a loved one, or we’re feeling lonely, it’s easy to think about what’s wrong in our lives. But in reality, there’s plenty to be thankful for, and it’s a powerful way to shift our focus. Note that I said being thankful, not grateful. Grateful is a state of being, whereas thankful is an action. Grateful is about what you have, whereas thankful is about what you do with it.
- Think that something good will happen, positive vibes only! There’s no doubt that we all want to believe that something good is right around the corner. Maybe you’re looking for love, a new job, or a promotion. Or perhaps you’re hoping to get into a good school or find a new house. While the only way to know for sure is to wait and see, you can use visualization techniques to help you feel more certain that something good is coming your way. If you struggle with keeping a positive mindset, then you may want to consider using delta-8 THC products – you can find out why at https://area52.com/ if you are interested.
- Talk positively. The way you talk to yourself has a profound effect on how you feel about yourself, and ultimately, on your ability to achieve the goals you set for yourself. When you speak to yourself positively, you can sidestep a lot of problems that can arise from negative self-talk, like self-doubt, underachieving, and stress. The trick is knowing what positive self-talk looks like.
- Accept the reality that we need to let go to move forward. It is said that letting go of control is one of the most difficult things to do. No, not letting go of the steering wheel when you’re driving, but rather letting go of how you think things should go. You can’t control the weather, you can’t control whether you win the lottery, and you can’t control how your friends, family, and co-workers act or feel. You can control how you act and feel. You can control your attitude.
When things are going great, motivation doesn’t seem like a big deal. But when you’re facing a challenge, and all that’s going through your mind is how hard this is and how you don’t want to do this anymore, you’ll be glad you had some tools to get you through. There are several ways to stay motivated (just like the ones listed above) even when the going gets tough, and you can use a number of them when you need them.