Does dating get old? Sure, it’s fun to spend time with your partner; the best part is when you’re done, it’s your turn to go out and do whatever it is that you want to do. But sometimes, you just want to spend time with your partner.
Whether you’ve been dating a long time or just started going out, it’s important to remember that the best dates are the ones where you actually get to spend time with your partner, not just go to a movie and stare at each other. No matter what your relationship status, there are some date night ideas for your next date night.
Affordable Yet Romantic Date Night
As we all know, dating is expensive. Between expensive dinners, drinks, and tickets to the latest blockbuster, it can be a challenge to find fun things to do that won’t break the bank. Thankfully, there are many great, affordable date night ideas that don’t require spending a lot of money. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Take him/her out for a picnic. A picnic is a perfect date idea for a lot of reasons: you can enjoy the fresh air, the scenery, and the smells of the forest while you munch on scrumptious treats. There are many wonderful places to have a picnic. When you’re planning where to go on your date, think about the temperature, the season, the time of day, and the difficulty of getting to the location.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset with your special someone. If you want to take your date night from ordinary to extraordinary, one of the easiest ways you can do so is to choose an activity that offers a view. Whether you’re watching a sunset or sunrise, there’s something about witnessing the beauty of the world around you that can bring even a mundane date night to life.
- Play video games. Like a lot of things in a relationship, it’s important to find a balance between you and your partner, and this is no different. When playing video games, the most important thing to remember is to have fun. If you’re winning all the time, your partner is going to get bored quickly. If you’re losing all the time, they’re going to get bored quickly.
- Feed the ducks. Ducks are the perfect winter date night friends because they’re cute, they are pretty low maintenance, and they offer an interesting and fun experience.
- Consider an unplanned drive. When was the last time you got in the car and just drove? Sure, you can plan a destination and a route, but have you tried sitting in the car without an agenda? Maybe you’ll discover a new restaurant or a great place to visit on a day off. Or perhaps you’ll just enjoy the scenery and each other’s company, which is the whole point of the activity. If you’re feeling daring, you may even find yourselves in a part of town you’ve never been before.
- Movie night was one of the first “date night” ideas that popped into your head. But you might be worried that your favorite movie theater will cost more than you can afford. Luckily, that’s not the case! These days, you can get a deal on movie tickets, food, and drinks for a reasonable price, even if you’re on a budget.
- Take a nature trail walk. A nature trail walk is a perfect opportunity to talk and get to know each other, as well as get some exercise. You don’t even have to leave your local area—just head to your local park and enjoy your date.
- Have a romantic bike ride. Whether you prefer to ride alone or with a partner, there is something about biking that is just relaxing. Getting outside and getting some fresh air can really improve your mood and energy level. Riding bikes is a great way to spend time with your significant other, and for a couple, it’s a fun way to spend a date night. You can rent bikes from most bike shops or even look for a local bike-sharing program in your area.
- Have an ice cream date in the park. Even if the weather outside is frightful, having an ice cream date in the park is delightful. While the ice cream may be the highlight of your date, there are a few things you can do to make the experience more memorable for your date, as well as more pleasant for you.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to keep the romance alive and maybe even save some money, follow these tips for affordable date night ideas. They’re cheap and easy to do, but they’ll have your significant other thinking you’re a master at romance.